Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Feeling the heat of the fryer

Elena recently admitted that her cursed transformation into a monster doesn't just affect her body, but also her mind. This makes me wonder if, eventually, one too many close calls will lead to a terrible ending in which Aeron has to fight her transformed self. Finding out about this other aspect of the transformation also lends credence to my theory that she's starting to get a taste for the flesh that he brings her.

More to the point, the Crimson Keep is starting to heat up. The giant tigers that appear in certain places when you're carrying dripping or pulsating flesh aren't tough to topple, but all of the grappling required to climb the tower is proving quite challenging. Of course, this is at least partially because of the game's fixed camera. It's not easy to figure out just where you can swing when you can only see slices of certain platforms.

Yet, another thing that's making the Crimson Keep in particular difficult is that it doesn't jive with my play style. When I play a game, it's always been my habit to be as thorough as possible - to exhaust all possibilities before going forward for example. But in a fire-themed dungeon that sort of patient play doesn't really work; it's especially ineffective when you've got a timer to worry about, too.

Still, this game has secrets, and I will ferret them out. I just hope it doesn't lead me to the game's potentially worst ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment