Thursday, December 5, 2013

Facing the pushover in the Tower of Trades

The main quest in Dragon Quest IX seems too easy so far.

After making my way through the Tower of Trades my party was nearly exhausted. There were healing items enough in the bag and my characters' inventories, but everyone's MP ranged from low to nil. Since this was going to be the first battle for a fygg, I thought I'd get destroyed given the state of my party.

But, smacking the boss around with physical attacks, squeezing healing items in regularly, and getting my mage to cast "Crack" several times was all it took to defeat the Master of Nu'un. No one was knocked out, nor was anyone poisoned, paralyzed, or put to sleep. As far as I can tell, the challenge of this boss is just hanging on long enough to take him out.

Since he looks quite a bit like Cell from Dragon Ball Z, I was expecting the battle with him to be a desperate struggle.
The Master of Nu'un, the boss of the Tower of Trades.

Hopefully the game's difficulty will ramp up again, bringing my party face to face with a battle that's truly fierce and puzzling.

No comments:

Post a Comment