Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lleviathan wakes

It has been a long while since I played an RPG that lead me down an uncertain path that turned out to be the right one.

After some cutscenes in Porth Llaffan, you're pointed toward the private beach of the town's mayor. Heading in this beach's direction brings you back to the world map, though. My explorer's instincts being what they are, I wandered into what I thought was some extra area. After climbing through it and diligently getting all the treasure, I was pleased to find the game's story waiting for me.

The kicker, though, is that I just wasn't ready for the boss that was also waiting.

The extra "l" in Lleviathan definitely doesn't stand for "lame." What makes it a devastating opponent are its two group attacks. If the beast launches either in successive turns, then it'll simply overwhelm you. However, I was at least able to learn that "Sap" actually works on it, and "Crackle" seems to be its weak point.

Considering that the previous boss was handily defeated, there's been a definite jump in difficulty. Though fighting Lleviathan is really only made difficult by the amount of damage that it deals. That, and chances are "Medicinal Herbs" are no longer the best go-to healing item in the game. Instead, you're better off zooming back to Stornway so that you can create something stronger with the alchemy pot. Simply having the currently strongest curative in local shops would be fine, but this game just doesn't seem keen on hand-holding.

No comments:

Post a Comment