Friday, January 25, 2013

A Brief Reminiscence

It's been a while since I played it, but so seldom has an RPG left such a strong impression on me. Radiant Historia is without a doubt the best RPG on the DS that I've played to date - though I've only just nibbled at the sweet sweet biscuit that is this title.

Of course, it is an Atlus game, and so greatness is to be expected. It's just that Radiant Historia's greatness seems to be more of the wide appeal variety.

In a way, the game's time travelling mechanic is like Chrono Trigger's, but dialled all the way up.

Instead of being able to travel to periods in time, you travel between events in time. So far, in the few hours I've put into the game, you don't travel very far into the past or future, but the game's idea is to play more with destiny and cause and effect on a smaller scale than that of Chrono Trigger.

And yet, presented as it is, it's an adventure that seems as grand - hopefully not too grand though, since I still have a lot of backlog to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment