Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wherein the Author is not quite yet Awakened


I completely forgot that the stone statues that come to life in Link's Awakening are weak to the bow. Of course, that makes sense since they have a tendency to drop arrows. Of course, blowing them up is also quite effective.

Having come to the end of the trading game, I found the magnifying lens under the mermaid statue, but what makes it so special remains a mystery to me. You likely use it to uncover the extra dungeon or to complete  part of said dungeon. Unless there was something that I missed in my first play through of the game years ago.

Since I'm entering into the Face Shrine hopefully I'll find something face related. At least, that's what's expected.

Anyway, heading into this are and not knowing about the statues' weakness made for some dicey running a few times. Thankfully, tapping into Kohonolit's heart-rich soil was enough to keep me going.

Actually, within the Face Shrine there's quite a maze that you've got to go around to get to the end. This is where the discovery power of the game kicks in since the statues don't just chase after you, but are sometimes on top of hidden stairs. Useful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment