Thursday, July 25, 2013

No more linearity

Getting off the Schpeltiger and walking around San Destroy has made No More Heroes feel much more complete. Maybe it's because it makes the game feel less linear. After all, once I was out walking I found myself exploring - and taking in quite a haul.

Throughout the city there are tons of spots to dig for treasure. With an upgrade for your beamsword these show up on the map. Each buried find yields £1000.

On top of that, dumpsters can be kicked open to find even more loot.

If there's gold in the bin Travis walks away with £2000, bringing me that much closer to the next title match. But, sometimes you'll find a shirt in the trash, apparently making it perfect for immediate wear. Customizing Travis' outfit doesn't seem to have any benefits, but some of the shirts have really cool designs.

Along with cash and clothing, I've also been finding a lot of Lovikov Balls. Later in the game these are traded for hidden skills, and already I'm well on my way to finding all 49.

Though, knowing that, and that each skill requires seven balls, really makes me want to play Grasshopper Manufacture's Gamecube entry, Killer7.

No comments:

Post a Comment