Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Interplay of Times

Thankfully, the sewer's switch puzzle is timeless.

For kicks, I chose the "rush-in" option at the fork in Granorg Castle and wound up getting the "FIN" screen. Initially, I figured that I'd be returned to the save point I saw in the same room where the fatal choice had been made, but I was instead returned to the point where Stocke and co. learn about the assassination mission. But, breezing through the sewer a second time was easy, and it looked like Claire is also now permanently saved.

Back in the castle, I opted for the stealth route, and Stocke showed off his ability to vanish. At this point, it might as well be written along the top of the screen: alternate between the timelines at major nodes to progress in the game. This  suggests that what's needed to fix Rosch's broken arm will be coming up soon, and so over all progress will soon be had.

Since Stocke's group is targeted by some malevolent entity in both timelines, I think it's safe to assume two things. That malevolent entity is General Hugo, and he is using the Black Chronicle to try to destroy Stocke and those with whom he's close. Of course, why Stocke is being targeted remains a mystery. Hopefully the answer's not far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment