Thursday, May 2, 2013

Using the Wind God's Wind - Again!


The first thing I always do after coming back from Hyrule for the first time in the Wind Waker, or just from the Tower of the Gods, is get the game's warp ability. I sail into the first cyclone I see and then open fire on Cyclos until he goes down.

For such a powerful ability - especially in a game where travelling between islands can take a lot of empty time - you'd expect it to be more of a challenge. But, because arrows pierce, I suppose, once you get three hits Cyclos comes down to you and grants you control over the sea's cyclones.

Speaking of easy, but perhaps more worthily so, there's nothing to getting the magical armour in The Wind Waker. Once you've got all of the primary trading goods, you can just return to Windfall, and the shopkeeper hands it over. The magical armour puts a drain on your magic meter, but unless I'm mistaken there's a potion somewhere that boosts it, or at the least makes it temporarily limitless. If I'm right and I'm lucky, it does so for in-game days on end.

Completely unrelated to The Wind Waker, but I'm in the middle of a move to a new place right now. I'm also going to be busy with Greek Easter related events for the next four days. Because of these commitments, I won't be able to update this blog at six and six.

With that said, I'll still update this blog at least once a day for the next four days. After that, it will be back to its updated twice daily self!

No comments:

Post a Comment