Monday, October 28, 2013

Kindling a different sort of fire

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I think Elena's starting to like eating the raw beast flesh that Aeron keeps bringing back. Or maybe she has a strange taste for raw meat that's still dripping or pulsating (the three tiers of flesh you can give her are "Beast Flesh," "Dripping Flesh," and "Pulsating Flesh"). In any case, there's a hunger that appears in her eyes now, or at least there seems to be, whenever she pulls back from that first bite.

Of course, this change in taste could be the result of my playing through more of the romance simulator part of the game. I've been giving Elena a lot of gifts from Mavda's shop lately and the way that they're arranged around the Observatory has made it much more home-like. I also very much enjoy the fact that after you give her a bracelet you can see her wearing it in cutscenes. There are two other pieces of jewellery  that I can make at this point, and I wonder if they're cumulative or if she only wears the latest piece that you give her.

Needless to say, the inventory and relationship management sides of the game have been pre-occupying my sessions lately. I've been pushing my way through the Crimson Keep (the fire-themed tower) as well, but it's strangely straightforward.

However, when Aeron is touched by fire and gets burned, I don't see why pushing the "Z" button and rolling doesn't put him out. Instead, running around in circles does the trick. And that makes sense, right? Aeron is something of a bishōnen after all, and they've got a certain penchant for physical comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment