Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The wet and wild tower

On one hand I'm glad that it's come up so early. On the other, I wish it never had to come up at all.

With Sheerdrop Spire's master defeated, Aeron's next stop is Wellspring Steeple, the water-themed dungeon of Pandora's Tower. So far it's not as puzzling as Ocarina of Time's, but it's still got me stumped. A second look at the water wheel and the mechanism behind it will probably yield the solution. Or I'll find a door that I missed tonight. The new, semi-aquatic servant beasts threw me off my game, after all. They threw me so far off, in fact, that Aeron was battered and bombarded into an early grave.

At the least, my initial encounter with these new beasts revealed that the Elena's homemade cakes give Aeron temporary regenerative powers. Surely that will come in handy down the line. Learning this has also turned me from using the cakes as my primary curative to saving them.

My slow crawl through the game's mechanics aside, I'm convinced that a major variable in the rate at which I'll finish Wellspring Steeple is how much I perceive water-themed dungeons to be difficult. Really, the water temple in Ocarina of Time isn't tough, it's just something that requires attentive playing. I'll definitely be trying the simplest solutions before the most complex ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment