Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sidequests and GameFAQS

After finishing off a few sidequests, I caved. I caved and I looked up where I needed to go to learn to use chi, and the obviousness of the answer was disappointing. Simply go to the opening of Chapter Four in the Alternate History, and you're good to go.

Now, I still have to get to the actual teaching event, but it's just on a little further.

As per the sidequests that I finished, one stands out. A boy is worried about his dad, who went to the frontline at the Sand Fortress without his lucky amulet. Stocke's given the amulet to return to the boy's father, and then the father writes his son a letter. You deliver the letter, and are treated to a brief scene that reflects the familial hardships of war.

Looking at the description of the item the boy gives raises some questions, though. It's something called "Celestial Oil," and it comes from something called the "Boundary Tree." A tree as a boundary in a world with mana immediately brings the idea of a mana tree to mind.

Surely the desertification of a world could be linked back to such a tree, and so my curiosity's piqued. Hopefully not in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment