Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The time travelling party

I must've been too liberal with my cutscene skipping since I completely missed Gafka's showing Stocke  how to control chi. If it wasn't for the "Story" option under the "Camp" menu, I probably would've written this about an apparent glitch in the game.

Anyway, having learned the chi technique, the fight with the gladiator is a breeze. A breeze! The fights that he offers after he's been beaten are a fair deal more difficult, though, particularly because Aht is a traditional magic user character. Her spells are useful strategically, and can be powerful, but she's as sturdy as the fringes on her poncho.

In any other game based on time travel, the solution would be simple, come back to this point when I have more party members I can swap in. But Radiant Historia doesn't work like that. It keeps time travel much more straightforward, giving you the party you had at whatever node you go to. Thankfully, they keep their latest equipment and levels.

In that sense, and I wonder if it will be addressed, Stocke's not really the only one time travelling. Everyone in the party must have themselves spread out over the timeline so that levels gained and equipment held in Chapter Four show up in Chapter One.

No comments:

Post a Comment