Tuesday, August 20, 2013

No more dreamless sleep

Even though the map of Santa Destroy is rather small, you'd think that a city would have enough to it to keep locations from repeating. Yet, the fourth title bout brings you right back to the subway station. It's a fairly short visit, though.

In fact, just one section of the subway station involved fighting minions. After that Travis gets on the train, falls asleep, and then the way to the title bout lays before you. So why did it take me some 20 minutes to get through this short lead up? Because of Travis' dream.

While he sleeps a screen shows up, out of the blink to black. This screen prompts you to take the nunchuk out of the Wiimote. Once you do so, you're shown the title screen for a minigame: Pure White Giant Glastonbury. It's a bullet hell style game with a mecha anime art style that's thankfully forgiving enough to give you infinite continues. You probably don't need to beat the game, but I did, and so I can only guess that it helped out in some way.

The boss fight for fourth lent itself much more readily to my "wait-and-see" strategy than the last actual bout and so I was never thrown for much of a loop. The boss' d-pad/direction reversal gimmick forced me to think as I whittled his health down, but otherwise, it was basically a difficult minion fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment