Saturday, August 3, 2013

Readjusting to Rosy Rupeeland

Going back to Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland hasn't been easy. Particularly because I have no idea how many rupees I've already contributed to getting to the next area. As far as I can tell, it's time that I move on, though.

The mapping of the Steamy Marsh has been completed, and it looks like everything else is wrapped up there. Some more rib steaks from the monkey-like things perched on the area's mesas would be good to get, though. That's all I'm missing for the Meat Soup recipe that the town chef is asking me about.

Otherwise, the greatest transition between this and Radiant Historia is the battle system. It's not the shift from turn-based to something more action-oriented, but the tone of them is what makes it a strange jump. Rosy Rupeeland's battles are pure cartoony slapstick. Not to mention the double purpose of rupees as HP. Sitting at 20,000+ makes Tingle alone into something of a tank, though there is a high price on any solo victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment