Sunday, September 15, 2013

Away game special: A dreamy start

Every time I go to see a 3D movie, I walk out disappointed. I just don't get the full 3D experience in the theatre. On the 3DS, though, that extra dimension is fully appreciated.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team doesn't use this feature much, aside from in battle and during some cutscenes. But, when it does, it's quite lush. Though I've only just reached the point where you first enter the dream world, so there're likely many much more stunning visuals ahead.

Aside from the game's look (the cleanest and clearest yet in the series), it plays similarly to the others in the series. That is to say, you wander, fight, and talk, though the game's railroaded me so far.

This seems to be the way of it with handheld RPGs, freedom comes slowly. Especially in the Mario & Luigi series. No doubt it's because they always involve a slow build of out-of-battle abilities.

Nonetheless, the game's first hour and a half's been smooth on all fronts. I expect the rest to be the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment