Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Have some cakes!

I've been playing Pandora's Tower for just over two hours and I'm still in the first tower. Granted, I'm all ready for the tower's master, I just had to beat feet back to the Observatory to keep the curse at bay. Less than a half "C" was left in the little "curse progression" meter in the lower left of the screen, and I knew that facing the first boss with so little left in the tank, so to speak, would be disastrous. 

Back in the Observatory, things veered a little into micromanagement, though. 

I just discovered that you can use some of the basic stuff you find to make other basic stuff - all basic stuff being ingredients for more complex items. The micromanagement emerged from the game's creation system. You see, this system is such that if you have a very specific end item in mind you can combine some basic items to create the basic items you need, and then combine those to get something of a higher echelon (working your way up from nothing but "dryad berries" to an "elixir"), for example. So I was caught up in that for a time, seeking ways to make what I needed to upgrade Aeron's sword again, or to create something useful. 

In the end, I just bought some flower seeds, decided to give the "dawn chorus" (a dawn-blooming flower) to Elena, had her give me some dryad berry cakes and an elixir, and shuffled some things between my bag and the trunk. 

I was also a little weirded out by Aeron's being able to equip "beast fangs" and "large bones." Though, it does make sense to me that they'd bring down his defense - they're monster remnants after all, I can't imagine such a well-groomed Final Fantasy IV's Cecil-like knight character would be comfortable with them on his person. Also, I really enjoy the puzzle aspect of having to put equippables into a limited grid.

No comments:

Post a Comment