Monday, September 30, 2013

Getting the goods

In my quest to get all of the "Rupee Goods" in Rosy Rupeeland, I have nearly reached completion. I have just two more to get and then the most important of the game's extra challenges will have been achieved.

Unfortunately, the two remaining "Rupee Goods" are rewards for fetch quests. One quest requires me to get all of the game's empty bottles (surely only two or three are currently outstanding). For the other, I just need to cook up all of the local specialities recipes and sell them to the merchant who's working with the pirates. Between the two of them, the bottle fetch quest is going to much easier.

Cooking things as complex as local specialities (complex because they sell for quite a few rupees) requires many ingredients. Even if each speciality's raw parts are in the same locale, it can be hard to wrangle the necessary beasties. A lot of enemies shy away from you as you get near, and only drop worthwhile items when taken on in groups. Other enemies, like the vaguely demonic wood ducks in the Steamy Marsh, do things like up and fly away from you before exploding in midair (because of the ducks' "Explosive Claws" they sometimes drop, I guess).

Needless to say, I've got one more session with Tingle and his very own game before I face down Uncle Rupee in boss form.

No comments:

Post a Comment