Saturday, April 13, 2013

When the Glamour's Gone from Time Travel


I know I've mentioned it before, but the way Radiant Historia is laid out is kind of a pain. It seems that, by design, a game with such a fine detail time travel system (or, at least the need to know fine details to do what must be done) is kind of all over the place. It's true that Stocke is the one constant in all of this, but having to go back through time to advance the story can get tedious.

Also, I think the game may get glitched out if you travel back to the node where you have to collect withered sticks for a fire. I had wanted to push that timeline forward a little bit, but only came up with two, plus the one found in the Mana Sight demonstration, out of five. Perhaps I'll just have to map out Gran Plain to figure out where I need to go to get them all.

At least, so far, the hardest part in the timeline for soldier Stocke is simply knowing when to jump to. Jumping to the most recent node might be where I need to deliver the information about Rosch being lured into a trap that I got off of a Granorg soldier, but then, maybe the second most recent would be better. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment