Sunday, March 17, 2013

Gazing into the Wild Blue Skies

For all of their complexity, I'm surprised that just a brief play session was enough to refresh my memory of where I am and what I'm supposed to be doing in Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies.

Currently in the village of Zere (where everyone has some sort of a Scottish brogue), I'm supposed to head further north to Brigadoom. Why am I to head there? To find the Wight Knight who has seduced away a king's daughter. Standard fantasy fare so far, and my crew of warrior, thief, and mage completes that smorgasbord.

After my refresh session, I also remember that the game's fairly loose in terms of direction, or at least seems so, since there isn't a whole lot of railroading on the overworld.

What bothered me about the game though, is that pressing "Y" did nothing. It seems I've played too much Radiant Historia lately, and just expect RPGs to have environment interaction actions in them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment