Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gleek-likes, Rupees, and the Dreamt

I fought my way into Turtle Rock, beating the giant turtle head reminiscent of one of Gleek's heads, and all I got for it was one rupee. A piece of heart would be a bit much, but even some arrows or bombs would have been better than a rupee.

Getting yet another rupee is enough to make me think about shoplifting from the village store. I really have no reason to go back there at this point anyway, and so have nothing to fear from powerful shopkeepers.

Before getting into the penultimate dungeon, however, I saw a brief scene between Link and Marin. She's trapped on a platform accessible only by hookshot, Link saves her and she stutters about her feelings for him before being called away by Tarin.

It's a far shorter scene and has less buildup, but it's impact is similar to when Link leaves Kokiri Forest in Ocarina of Time. But if this whole game is a dream, what's it mean for a part of it to have a crush on the dreamer?

No comments:

Post a Comment