Friday, March 15, 2013

Mining the Past

Having learned how to use explosives, I travelled back to the Alma Mine section of Radiant Historia, hoping to be able to get into the place. Having successfully done so, I've been able to confirm that at some point in the game you must get a sword upgrade of some sort.

You see, there are these crystals scattered throughout Alma Mine, and if you strike them a dialogue box pops up and says that you couldn't break off a piece. This is sad news, of course, since a part of such a crystal is probably useful for one or other of the game's side-quests.

Delving back in time via the White Chronicle has also reminded me of the need to manage a party larger than the three active battle members I've got. Rosch, all the way back at level 9, is a little bit behind everyone else as they leap toward level 14.

Now, passive party members earn experience just as active members do. In my current configuration, Rosch is a passive member of my party - he could be added to the three and thus made active, but I've chosen not to yet. But what I wonder is, though it might not make sense in the context of the game, why the experience system isn't set up to give experience to all possible party members at any given time so that when you later link up with any given party member your levels are more even.

Such a system would definitely cut down on grind time, and that could be very useful in any RPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment