Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Almost Time to use the Wind God's Wind

The Wind Waker's whimsy's not lost on me yet. The game looks good even on an old, somewhat low-contrast, tube TV. But the game's style is what counts.

That, and it's lack of any concrete companion. Along with wanting desperately to roll bombs rather than just throw them, I was a little stuck on the first dungeon's boss. I'd completely forgotten that you could grapple onto the great Valoo's tail. Once that knowledge kicked back in, (thanks to the unintrusive King of Red Lions) though, the fight was over sooner than it began.

The only thing I didn't get in that dungeon was the Tingle trophy, since, I've not yet met Tingle and haven't bothered to hook up the Game Boy Advance (GBA). Hopefully the Wii U remake will just use the GamePad as the GBA - I don't even know how they'd connect what is now practically an antique with their newest console.

With the first dungeon done, I'm just about ready to get the song to control the wind - which means, more or less, free range of the seas!

No comments:

Post a Comment