Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thinking about leaving the Shell

The detailed maps of the 3D Zelda games have spoiled me. Jumping my way through Turtle Rock, I wound up getting lost - both because I had forgotten where there were still keys to be found and where I needed to bring those keys to progress. On both of these points, Link's Awakening's dungeon maps offer no help since they're just displays of non-descript boxes joined together where there are doors between rooms.

However, the compass guided me to a room with a chest that I had missed. On the way, keys were found, and I was able to press onwards. Though, Turtle Rock feels like it's the longest dungeon in the game, possibly because it seems almost impossible to get the dungeon's item before the map, compass, or both. In the game's previous dungeons things would almost always wind up like that, but here I've had no such luck.

Nonetheless, the dungeon's fire-based item is almost mine. And so, Turtle Rock - and the game itself - begin to draw to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment