Sunday, March 24, 2013

Marching Forward

Taking the brunt of enemy assaults is merely tedious in Radiant Historia. Without a quick way to clear out monsters and the like, every battle becomes a strategic conflict in miniature.

Where can I push or pull enemies on their grid to take off the most health of the most units?

How can I shift my turn order around to get the best line up of attacks?

It's neat in the ways that it's different from traditional turn-based RPGs, but it really makes me miss the slash and burn tactics that other games allow for.

Anyway, taking the northern path and heading to the sand fortress was definitely the better choice. To the west lay "Cygnus (danger)," and I think that the bracketed word is really just a translation, not a suggestion. The Sand Fortress has no such word attached to it, and the exclamation mark over it suggests that it's where I should go next.

I must admit, though, for a game with an overworld map like Super Mario World, Radiant Historia gives you quite a bit of free reign (thanks, time travel), so we'll see just how right the Sand Fortress is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment