Friday, February 15, 2013

Away Game Special: Fire Emblem Awakening


I'm not always at home, and while I'm away I'm not always going to be playing the games from my list. So, since I'm away for the next few days, the next few video game entries will be "Away Games Specials." Today's game? Fire Emblem Awakening for the 3DS. Or, rather, its demo.

A short look into what sounds like a long game (according to episode #324 of Radio Free Nintendo (RFN)), the demo offered on the 3DS e-shop gives a review of the game's basics, introduces the beginnings of its story, and hints at what the new mechanics can do.

However, if I hadn't listened to that episode of RFN, then I'd have no idea that the relationship mechanic could lead to characters marrying and having children. Plus, I'm sure that in the full game every combination of characters doesn't just give your hit rate a 10% boost. That's all that seemed to be in the demo, though.

What bothers me most about the demo, though, is that in the second cinematic it looks like there's a 16-bit sprite in the middle of the inter-dimensional gate. Yet, it's blurred just enough to be impossible to make out.

Maybe it's a character from a Fire Emblem game from the SNES/Super Famicom era? Or just something thrown in by a nameless designer with absolutely no meaning attached to it.

But the more I look at it, the more it looks like a Chrono Trigger sprite.


No comments:

Post a Comment