Sunday, February 24, 2013

Away Game Special: Jumping Back to Anodyne

In any game, it's a great feeling to be stuck until you find the foothold you need to exploit to progress.

After finishing the demo of Anodyne and loading my save from it into the full game, I was adrift in the game's main field. At least, I imagine it's the main field. But, being limited in what I could do, I did what I could and it worked! Whatever had captured one cat was scared off by another, and that lead to a chain of events that unlocked one of the most basic functions in adventure games - jumping.

So far it looks like only small holes need to be jumped, but there may well be some sort of dash power-up that extends your jump, like combining the Pegasus boots with the Roc's feather in a Link's Awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment