Monday, February 4, 2013

Earning Bones

The dog that you befriend at Sunshine Seashore might just be running some sort of underground bone market. After meeting the pup and leading it to the stalfos pirates it becomes attached to Tingle, follows him home, and then promptly transforms into a Tingle-like outfit, changing its name to Barkle.

Anyway, for the most part, Barkle's purpose sitting in Tingle's house seemed to be rather mysterious.

You can "sell" him bones for nothing, and I'd done that a few times. I must have reached some sort of goal, though, since after selling him bones in my latest session he left the house and then came back with 76 rupees. Hopefully the enemies that drop bones don't stop doing so, since there might be a bit o' profit in them aside from making Tingly and selling it to the town's guard.

Otherwise, the game's taken a detour into treasure hunting. Sharp Shells and Ancient Coins are starting to fill out my inventory, and I'm left wondering what I'll be able to get for them. Once I get the Big Pot, I'll be able to cook way more. Amidst all of these side-developments, though, the game's story has got to be returned to.

Those Oinkers won't oust themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment