Friday, February 8, 2013

Haggling with Gaming Ethics


Miscalculations have caught me up.

I never would have guessed that the stalfos pirates wouldn't allow a dog to enter their hideout (it *is* currently empty, after all), and neither would I have guessed that the game never allows you to get a new bodyguard of the same size as your current bodyguard. At least they're greatly cheaper than I had expected, having checked out some prices on this handy guide.

Is it cheating to look at a price guide in a game where haggling, figuring out prices, and checking what prices work are core mechanics?

It doesn't feel like it is, nor can it logically be called as such. So long as those cheats don't impinge on the enjoyment of the game, of course.

Besides, more important for completion's sake are the landmarks in the various areas, and so far I've found what I've found on my own. Areas being limited, and landmarks generally being those things in the scenery not automatically included in the map, it's generally pretty easy to find the landmarks you need to add to maps. Drawing circles around said landmarks can be touchy, however.

Although Junglo, the hero of the Deku Forest, currently looks well past his prime, I'm sure he'll pull a Master Roshi at some point and completely bulk up as some sort of bizarre power up. Of course, this is a Tingle game, so maybe it'll be more of a power down...

No comments:

Post a Comment