Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Climbing to the Eagles and Meeting a Musical Fish

Having fallen afoul of  a poor choice in spots to jump from, I had to re-climb the mountains to Eagle's Tower. Along the way, though I filled out my ocarina repertoire.

Stopping into a small cave, I approached the giant fish there and was taught Manbo's Mambo, a song that teleports me back to Manbo's Pond whenever I play it on the field. Said pond is a decent locale, fairly central, and right next to Crazy Tracy's. So, even if using her automatic heart-refilling medicine adds to your death count, at least it saves you from having to see the game over screen.

Eagle's Tower itself looks like it's designed similarly to Ganon's Tower from A Link to the Past. Though I imagine it's not quite so long a dungeon. Still, those multi-coloured floor panels and crystal ball switches abound, which leads me to the comparison with Ganon's Tower in the first place.

If Link's Awakening was originally planned as a remake of A Link to the Past, maybe Eagle's Tower was from an early version of the game, or at the point when the developer's starting losing steam. Of course, it's got a few floors to suggest otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment