Saturday, February 16, 2013

Away Game Special: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask


I'm not much a puzzle gamer, but when I play them, I go all out. Like when I ,tried to beat. played my fiancee at Tetris - taking three hours to finally do so.

Because of that, I was pretty pleasantly surprised by Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask on the 3DS. Though, my ability to get through a bunch of the bonus puzzles might be because so many of them use the same mechanic. That is, a lot of the download bonus games involve mapping out a route, or linking together various objects without crossing tubes, tracks, lines, or number boundaries.

The variation on the route mechanic used for the boat puzzles, having to find the rocks in your way, definitely made that one stick out quite a bit. And the puzzle set involving knights and ghosts is almost certainly a nod to Ghosts and Goblins (NES) and Super Ghosts and Goblins (SNES).

No comments:

Post a Comment